Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Retrospective Point of View

It seems that there are certain times in life when we become more retrospective in our views and musings. Or perhaps it would be best to call it introspective. You know those moments such as birthdays and holidays that cause us to look back at similar anniversary events.

The late fall and winter months seem to always do that for me. So, many of the important threshold events for have occured from November through January. My birthday occurs in November as well as the anniversary of the death of my mother. Then there is Christmas which is stressful in it's own right. My father died in the month of January. I was married in the month of September and again that is a known stresser.

And as a consequence I usually and inevitably go through a seasonal depression at this time of year and this is on top of my "nomal" panic/anxiety disorder. Life can be a pain in the botukis during these dark short days, but soon enough the robins will be building nests and the cats will be howling on the back fence again and we'll be reminded what we're really here for. Taxes in April!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment